1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Mngwa, sgreenwell and garrow like this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The only reason to watch that show was the video takedowns. This is a good thing.

"He's having trouble defecating ... not any more."

I love how the review refers to Beavis and Butthead's video watching as "idiot genius friends". No, they were idiots, as funny as it was, I never once wanted to hang out with Beavis or Butthead. It was mostly about laughing at, not with.

Not there was one thing wrong with that. It was funny as hell.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

(Watching "Devil Inside")
    Butthead: Is this satanic music?
    Beavis: No way dude. It's not cool enough.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Settle down, Beavis. This is only gonna hurt for a minute or something.

maumann likes this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Been watching "The Lincoln Lawyer." Good show.

The house where the murders took place is the same house owned by Stu Beggs in "Californication."

garrow likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Bosch might hang out there, too.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Haller's house looks exactly like how Bosch's is described, overlooking a canyon.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I love Pavement, but them screaming at the band to try is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"We Own This City", David Simon's new show on HBO. Jon Bernthal turns in an amazing performance in the lead as a corrupt cop in Baltimore, leading an elite anti-gun and drug squad and stealing money and drugs from those arrested and police evidence rooms. True story. The squad not only steals but also makes many illegal stops and false arrests, because keeping their numbers up makes them look more effective. The show not only focuses on the theft but on the aftermath of Freddie Gray's death on Baltimore cops and the effect of bad policing on the effectiveness of the police as a whole. So many people were being rousted and falsely arrested that it became difficult to get witnesses to come forward or to seat a jury. How well is a juror who has himself been falsely arrested (or his son, or a friend) going to perform when he *knows* that the cops routinely arrest people and then lie their ass off about what happened?

Great show, well written and acted - not surprising from "The Wire" team - but depressing as hell in looking at urban crime and this country's response to it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

This one has me curious (Aug. 12 premiere)

Wenders likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's a terrible teaser trailer -- but I'll reserve full judgement until an actual trailer drops

Draft saved Draft deleted