1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It says a lot about the E that I forgot a PPV (or whatever the fuck it is now) was on tonight. Flipped it on midway through the main event … and holy shit what the fuck is that on Cody’s chest?

Great match.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He tore the pectoral muscle off the bone during training. And just worked a legitimate, nothing held back, 30-minute Hell in a Cell main event match.
    That ought to go down with Mankind flying off the Cell and Triple H finishing a match with a torn quad in wrestling tough guy lore. Maybe even more impressive since he went into the match this way instead of gutting through it on the fly.

sgreenwell and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope we get the full back story on this match some day -- how and why Cody went through with this, if he had to be talked into it, who tried to talk him out of it, how he and Seth put it together once the injury happened, etc.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

5. nietsroob17

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Either that or he's trying to go Super Saiyan.

7. nietsroob17

Well, Cardona was an Edge Head, so it only makes sense he would return the favor.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Speaking of wrestling and anime references:

JRoyal likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

I knew there was no way Seth/Cody would end with a handshake. Great way to continue setting Seth up as an uber heel -- just as long as this isn't setting up yet another match. Been there, done that, that and that.

10. nietsroob17

Becky Lynch loses a 24/7 match to Dana Brooke. That's glorious.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wow, I did NOT see that coming.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

Saw one hypothetical on Twitter: are they turning Edge face again to make up for Cody's apparent absence?

Either way, it's been a good while since WWE had a good, unexpected twist like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted