1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I love the way the Chesa Boudin has been called a progressive prosecutor. He's no such thing. He's a public defender doing, having done, the job under the guise of being a prosecutor. It's as if Strom Thurmond were elected President of the NAACP and is being called a progressive civil rights leader. The job of enforcing the existing criminal laws in the court room, seeking justice from the State's point of view, and representing victims (a job requirement) in an adversarial system is an anathema to him. Same as that Judenratt Kramer in Philadelphia. They are intellectually and morally dishonest about the jobs they sought. What they want is an inquisitorial system, not adversarial system. Im not sold on trial by jury as the best way to find justice and truth. Especially since the rules of evidence have become more and more political and less and less objective. But where you have progressive prosecutors, you often have the defense and the government colluding to get a result rather than acting in opposition to each other to test by fire the strength of the their arguments and proposed evidence. Never before has politics mattered more and the individual mattered less in the criminal justice system. Especially as it related to pretrial release, sentencing, and diversion programs (which have been around for 35 years.).

70% of Californians eligible voted in the 2020 general election. 39% of eligible voters turned out of the 2018 Ca primary election (which is the appropraite point of comparison. But the election has been on the calendar for years. only 20% chose to vote. No one forced the other 80% to stay home, yet

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It was voters in LA and SF on specific issues. I'm not sure San Diego and Sacramento had the option to weigh in.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As the fucking republicans said about Red Flag laws,we don’t deny people their rights before they commit a crime. Let Him Go. And let beer bong rapist Catholic scumbag take his chances like every other 10 year old in this country.

Smallpotatoes and Driftwood like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

An entire security apparatus was built around airports and air travel.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’ve met both a number of times. Malinowski is my congressman (and my wannabe journalist 16 year old interviewed him last week). He is a very impressive guy and relatively reasonable. Kean is a little less impressive but also is seen as reasonable, maybe because of the goodwill from his father. And where I live is the definition of a swing district, which has been redistricted to be slightly more GOP. The sad thing is that you can’t win a GOP primary even here without paying lip service to the crazies, which is what Kean did, and he still only won 46% of the vote in the primary.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

DHS set the record for federal agency fastest to ossification.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jack Del Rio - future MAGA politician.

Draft saved Draft deleted