1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Presuming they want the equality of the women being on the card, what do they do with Rosa at Forbidden Door?

I must admit my knowledge of wrestling in Japan is limited. Is there someone who would naturally match up with Rosa? One of the Japanese women already familiar to AEW? Or will they just have Rosa face a regular opponent like Toni Storm (like they teased on Dynamite)?

2. nietsroob17

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

If I was them, I'd go throw some money at Kairi Sane. She'd fit the mold of the PPV and would be recognizable to American fans. There are some other good Japanese women they could get, but none would have the pop Sane would get.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Lacey Evans' ring gear looks like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

5. nietsroob17

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Observer from June 13:

- Cody Rhodes suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral muscle while lifting during the week. He still made an appearance at a June 4 house show, but just for a beatdown and run in angle. It was a career defining match for him at the Hell in a Cell PPV on June 6. Corey Graves also got a lot of credit for calling it straight, which made the moment seem more important.

- AEW has a policy of not specifically identifying injuries to talent, but it is believed that Punk broke his foot at the June 1 show. He had surgery June 8, and while the damage was more extensive than initially believed, they were able to fix it all up. He might be back before the end of the year.

- WWE Hell in a Cell received 114 thumbs up (81.4 percent) from readers. Thumbs down from 11 people (7.9 percent), and thumbs middle from 15 people (10.7 percent). Rhodes vs. Rollins was best match (93) over Belair vs. Lynch vs. Asuka (45). Worst match was Lashley vs. MVP and Omos (88); no other match got above 19 "worst" votes.

- NXT In Your House got 14 thumbs up (37.8 percent), 15 thumbs down (40.5 percent) and 8 thumbs middle (21.6 percent). D'Angelo and Stacks and 2 Dimes vs. Legado del Fantasma (16) and Creeds vs. Pretty Deadly (10) got best match votes. Mandy Rose vs. Wendy Choo got 20 worst match votes. Attendance was about 350 (friends and family only, no sold tickets).

- WWE booking is very fluid right now, because of injuries and guys on part-time deals. Reigns probably won't wrestle again until SummerSlam and Clash at the Castle.

7. nietsroob17

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Seems pretty wild that Reigns is gonna miss two PPVs but is well enough to wrestle a TV match next week…..

9. sgreenwell

I don't think he's hurt at all - he's on a part-time deal, similar to Lesnar, Cena, etc. They work when they wanna work.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any news on it, but I have the feeling he jacked up his shoulder during the match with Lesnar at WM and has been taking some time to get it right. Late in that match they seemed to audible to the finish pretty quickly and you could see Roman favoring his shoulder when he wouldn't normally be selling a move.
    He's worked, what, one match — a six-man tag, at that — since Wrestlemania?

11. sgreenwell

Eh, he was on house shows as the headliner since then. You can check out his full match list here.

Batman likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ah, OK. I stand corrected.
    I knew about him transitioning to part-time, but thought maybe it was a combination of that and a minor injury that needed some rest. Obviously not.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted