1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Right Wing Shriek Machine's next talking point: "They came to HIS HOUSE to HANDCUFF him! ABUSE OF POWER!!!"

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Joe Biden locking up his political opponents.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's not about them praying. It's about them being able to force everyone else to hear their prayers and to force everyone else to pray, (coincidentally), to the deity of their religion. And they claim that preventing this is depriving their own religious rights to shove their religion down everyone else's throats.

They don't want religious liberty. They want religious dominance.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What is it with football coaches and far-right politics?

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Nothing is stopping any kid from quietly sitting at his/her desk and silently praying to themselves, either.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I bet I can guess the color of most of them …

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

In terms of positive reinforcement, I think a lot of pro football coaches (and for that matter coaches in almost any sport) see life as unrealistically fair. Sure there are bad calls now and then, but good players and teams succeed and bad ones don't. Things like discrimination or economic disadvantage may be present but can usually be overcome by merit. In terms of negative reinforcement, football coaches like unquestioned leadership structures and view anyone complaining about matters of justice or economics in the same way as they might dismiss someone bitching about playing time or nursing an injury. Also, the vast majority of football coaches are rich white men, who by virtue of their football abilities have been at the top of the social structure for their entire lives.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The G in GQP stands for Gestapo.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

It was in that Twitter thread the other day
    They don’t want to be told what to do while telling you what to do

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My brother-in-law, who less than a year ago retired from a nearly $500K job, just posted a picture of his gas receipt and said, "I hope all you Bidencrats are happy."
    Nope, not gonna engage. Harmony is more important to me than tilting at windmills.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

They tend to frame it as a comparison of how many people were killed and how much property damage was done in each. To them, that makes it apples to apples. It’s also an article of faith among them that nobody was arrested or convicted during the summer 2020 riots. While I don’t have the exact numbers at my disposal, I’m pretty sure plenty were arrested and convicted.

Draft saved Draft deleted