1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Beats being homeless in Boston come January. Also when people pull up stakes and head nowhere in particular, they tend to drift west.

OscarMadison, wicked and FileNotFound like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Probably a thesis or two to be written about this.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the west coast has the climate - both political and weather-wise - also more liberal people with money who might feel guilty or more compassionate than you would find elsewhere who would throw a dollar or two your way if you asked.
    But I also think people now realize that allowing people to live on sidewalks is not compassionate and it should not be viewed as a lifestyle choice. People should be in safe and secure, designated places where they have access to services, and have pathways to getting permanent shelter. Housing IS a huge problem up and down the left coast - wages don't support the cost of housing. People forced to commute long-distances to work, spend up to half their take home on housing. It's ridiculous. Part of it might be stricter land-use laws that curb sprawl and make land prices so high that only higher end housing pencils out for developers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

When I went home from work I usually saw fires underneath the overpass bridge from the Lodge to I-75
    I also saw homeless people sleeping at the entrance from the downtown Detroit Subway, where the entrance was set back from the sidewalk

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes.

It's what happens when a society gets decadent/loses confidence in itself. It's precisely where America is.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

Truth Social is suspending accounts for talking about the 1/6 hearings.

10. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Truth Social is a platform for free speech... just not, you know, THAT free speech!

matt_garth, dixiehack, garrow and 3 others like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What's the big deal? Don't do anything illegal and you won't have anything to worry about, amirite?

Draft saved Draft deleted