1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

D'arcy Carden is an "instant watch" for me at this point. She's been doing some show rounds lately for this and other projects, and she said they were required to play baseball with one another for about a month before they shot scenes. I can't tell from that trailer, but I hope it's not a straight redo of the movie. With a league full of teams, plenty of other storylines to follow besides that one.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Two current series in progress:

Stranger Things, Season 4: I thought the material had been exhausted and it started slow in 1st episode but its getting good (started Ep. 4);

Pachinko: A wonderful story across three generations; was watching and started Lincoln Lawyer and the quality differential was so clear, this is TV at its best. ​

garrow likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally got around to bingeing the end of Ozark tonight. My review: What an utter fucking waste of time. One good season out of four and a final season that sucked out loud. Should have quit, but the first episode of the second half of season 4 was just good enough to make me want to finish the series. Mistake.

garrow likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's funny. I just spotted my old high school in Atlanta in the new "Ms. Marvel" series. They changed the name of the school back in the late 80's, but it's the same place. Since Georgia has become something of a film hub, I know of it being used in this, the last "Jumanji" movie, and the movie "Middle School" as well. I think there were a couple of other shows filmed in there as well but I can't recall them right offhand.

When they show a picture of the school office lobby, along the right wall as you face it there's a long single stairway running up, hugging against the wall. It's a very distinctive design that has never changed since I was last in there in 1974, although it has been painted different colors for the various shows.

Small freakin' world sometimes. That was a county school out on the edge of nowhere when I went to school there. Now it's just Atlanta.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    TigerVols, Batman and maumann like this.
  6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Watching Julia on HBO Max and it is delightful. David Hyde Pierce is Paul Child. Bebe Neuwirth is her friend Avis DeVoto.

Series goes in on the development and expansion of The French Chef. I also watched the Julia CNN documentary that aired a few weeks ago and it seems that the two really match up, so not a lot of liberties were taken with the scripted show.

As for A League of Their Own...it's one of my favorite movies. Ever. I was too young to watch the ill-fated TV show that lasted like, 5 episodes. But I'm definitely intrigued by this. Damn you Amazon Prime. I was ready to cut you loose, now this and the Lord of the Rings show? Ok fine, Bezos, take my money.

jr/shotglass, Webster and TigerVols like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Please tell me they found a way to sneak in a cameo for Kelsey Grammar?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tehran has set up a great ending to S2. They're likely going to S3.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I look back at the shows of the '70s and its really jarring to see how lily white most of the shows are. Of all the shows pictured, SWAT was the only one with a person of color, whose ethnicity wasn't the point of the show. And I guess you can throw in 5-0 as well.

maumann likes this.
  11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Only halfway through it. I will report back if they do.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Barry Season 3 finale: what a stunner

Cosmo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted