1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Where were the hundreds of gun-toting North Idahoans who turned out to defend downtown Coeur d’Alene two years ago?

Oh, that’s right … in June 2020 it was rumored that BLM protesters were coming over from Spokane. It never happened, but that didn’t prevent hundreds of “patriots” from carrying automatic weapons through downtown.

I guess a truckload of white supremacists ready to start a riot is nothing to worry about in Red California (what I call the Idaho panhandle now).

Beautiful mountains and lakes in North Idaho, but so many ugly people are moving there.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Let’s hope the Twitter corps can ID and out these folks and they face the inevitable consequences from thei employers.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The sleuthing has begun.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm unclear on what period of US history is being described here.

matt_garth and Patchen like this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A raise?

6. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

The period just before the left let it go too far.

sgreenwell, Webster, Gutter and 7 others like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was trying to think why "this time" a mass shooting might result in Congressional action. I'm guessing its because it was Texas and not Connecticut - and Republicans in Texas are taking heat. One of the things I'm fascinated about modern Conservatism is that nothing is "real" unless it impacts them directly. How many pols have we seen suddenly change their tune on same-sex marriage when a son, daughter or other close relative comes out. Or how they are suddenly gung ho on spending for some disease or medical condition once someone in their family is diagnosed. It's a weird deal.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The fall.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“Don’t make me feel bad.”

Your vision of carefree empire and consumerism wrought forces you can’t contain or ignore. China, global warming and pissed off Russia.

Not that every individual should be browbeaten, but reminding people of the consequences of how we chose to live wasn’t going ro happen otherwise. The alternative was the GOP’s embrace of burying their head in the sand.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

twitter was founded march 21st 2006

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dementia? Insatiable lust for power? Both?

OscarMadison and bigpern23 like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A few dozen tank cars worth of Johnnie Walker Blue have flowed over the transom in that time, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted