1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I like the variety of Reigns working Smackdown ; his career ender vs Daniel Bryan was a TV match; as opposed to Brock who never works TV ever.

But youd think Reigns/Riddle would be better served as headline ofMITB. Esp with Cody out, I dont know that there’s enough juice in the ladder match to close the whole show

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The MITB match, much like the Royal Rumble match, sells itself. They've built it to almost the equivalent of a championship match and don't have to waste a big money title match on the same card.
    Not sure what they'll do with Reigns-Riddle on Smackdown. My guess is some sort of bogus finish, with the feud continuing on to Summerfest (assuming Orton doesn't return for that one).

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

So apparently Tony D'Angelo got hurt at an NXT house show and one of his goombas got released.

Maybe they can stop with the stupid Goodfellas storyline now.

4. nietsroob17

So ... about that three-way tag team ladder match on Dynamite.

Sorry to see Matt have to suffer again from his brother's stupidity (since they were raking in on the Hardy reunion in AEW and the indies), but I think it's time to call it on Jeff ever getting any time in the limelight.

5. nietsroob17

And the tag has been yanked off the card.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Horrifying. Hes gotta get jail time doesnt he? Fuck the help he needs. He can get it in the can. Serial drunk driving sends me into orbit

7. nietsroob17

Dear god man.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I read that, since it’s his third, he’s being charged with a felony under Florida law.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Between the concussions and damn near a 0.3 BAC, he can’t have many brain cells left.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Put him and Tammy Sytch in the same cell. Enough is enough.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I just get this mental image of Hardy telling the cops "Hey, you guys want to speed this up? I gotta get to the arena and wrestle Sting for the World title!"

12. nietsroob17

Raw main eventing with a pose-off. God help me.

Draft saved Draft deleted