1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This might be the dumbest post of all time.

All analytics are is information. It still needs to be vetted and far from perfect, but go ahead and use your gut feeling and sac bunt in the first inning.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There is not a team in the league that don’t Take them seriously.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

But analytics can’t take into account whether a guy looks like a gamer.

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Really? Dumbest of all time? I'm flattered just to be nominated, but to win, boy, it's really something special. Considering I wasn't actually serious about any of that, figured blue font was implied, I've really outdone myself.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That post was gritty and had intangibles, though. I'd build a whole fucking message board around it!

7. Spartan Squad

After I went down 0 and 2 posts, I knew I had to change my approach. Shorten up the key strokes and try to take it opposite thread.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And that's exactly why it was the perfect time to order the intentional walk.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not sure what kind of pitcher he is (after all, he faced the Mariners today, who have 2 or 3 decent hitters in their lineup), but Red Sox starter Kutter Crawford has a great name.

Especially because he struck out 7 hitters in five innings with, yes, his cutter.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Best thing of all is he's an anti-vaxxer. Let's face it: If anyone ever sounded like an anti-vaxxer, it's a guy named Kutter.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Sometimes you've got to try to post anything goes on sports & news. The analytics nerds are saying the new market inefficiency is shitposting on the J boards.

2muchcoffeeman and Spartan Squad like this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Angels analytics said to pitch to Alonso with two outs, runner on second, first base open and Canha up next. Alonso leads the NL in HRs and RBIs. Intentional walk was in order. Instead, he singled in the run. Oops, I forgot, RBIs don't matter anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted