1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Rudy was drunk on election night
    Shocker

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

So was I.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, I can't think of a single metric that is better today than 17 months ago, other than . . . "fewer federal crimes committed in the White House." So I guess we have that going for us.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Family emergency=His family has been taken hostage.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Rudy Giuliani is a pathetic cartoon character. All for THAT fucking guy.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  6. tapintoamerica

Which doesn't mean Biden is to blame for it all. Gas prices are through the roof because Trumpists' favorite country, Russia, has invaded Ukraine.

7. tapintoamerica

Can't say I'd blame the justices for getting out of town. And, yeah, it's time for Congress to pass legislation giving them extra protection. It disturbs me that this issue wasn't addressed years ago.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

While I have to agree the first part of this is true, I wonder what metric you'd think would be better at the moment had Trump won?

9. Bu77ers

Bu77ers Member

Gas prices were way up before then, bud

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Still doubt anything will happen, but Bill Barr’s testimony is damning. Of course, he quit instead of actually doing anything about stopping the criminal fraud that was going on.

On a related note, Bill Barr can go fuck himself.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Probably nothing. Maybe inflation's better (no build back better), but maybe not. Maybe he convinces Putin to wait a bit while he "works on" Zelkenskyy (but probably not). Just that it's pretty easy to imagine the country had Trump been elected. Kinda crappy. Like today, only with more stupid soundbites.

One potential huge benefit --- GOP would likely face a midterm bloodbath and a presidential loss in 2024, with Trump out of our hair forever. Dems would feast on all the shit gone awry.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    maumann likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

“Family emergency” means someone was standing too close to an open window, right?

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted