1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It was good, but it was fucking ponderous trying to get through this season.

justgladtobehere and garrow like this.
  2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

"The Boys" S-3, E-1. Some sick shit.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A yup...

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Any chance those of you who watched can use the spoiler alert button and provide a synopsis on what is so sick about this show, for the education of those of who will never watch it but keep seeing references to how bonkers a show it is?
    TIA,
    TV

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I haven't started yet but have to say while shocking, the first two seasons didn't bother me much. There are more cringe things in the current season of Stranger Things. Still, it can give me pause on not tuning in or continuing to wait. Is that unnecessary? Is it worth it?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've struggled along without watching either The Boys or Stranger Things and it hasn't hurt a bit.

Speaking of sick shit, try this on.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I still have three episodes left of the current Stranger Things, takes longer when you have no time and they are almost the length of movies! But it has been an amazing season of TV. Seriously.

garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Is there any point to watching this episode if you don't care for even the premise of the show?

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One guy is normal, muscular, strong. His superpower makes him thumb-size small, but he maintains his strength. He makes himself small and runs into the another guy's butthole and up into the intestines. Then he makes himself big again and the other guy explodes, blood and guts everywhere.
    Throughout, anybody the superpowers don't like, they can zap them and their heads explode, blood everywhere.
    One of the supervisors in the Superpower group also has powers. She blows a guy's jaw off, so there's a big gap between his neck and his nose. But his body still functions and his heart is pumping blood up into where his mouth used to be. Gross.
    The premise of the show is that everybody loves the Superheroes, but they are a bunch of assholes who do wicked stuff. The first episode, the Superhero named Flash runs at lightning speed. A normal man and woman are on the curb. She steps into the street, he grabs her hands, but Flash blurs by and destroys her body. The other guy is standing there holding only her arms. So he is out to get Flash for killing his girlfriend, etc. There is other stuff going on, but it's a bit hard to follow.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm about 20 minutes into the first episode, and I think I owe you one, my friend. I'd forgotten this was coming, and it's sublime.

Neutral Corner, Webster and Wenders like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Flash-like character is called A-Train, but your description of how Hugh gets drawn into things is about right. The government official who is supposed to be supervising people with powers but actually has them is actually the one who was blowing up people's heads. That was a big reveal at the end of Season 2, especially because I don't think she existed in the source material. The bit with the Ant-Man knockoff really was disgusting. They actually showed him crawling into the other guy's butt, then focused quite a bit on the gore after he blew up inside him. It was actually a sex thing, apparently one they had done before, but the guy with powers was high on cocaine. I will say the source material is even more graphic and crazy than the show.

TigerVols likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finished Barry last night. Wow.

And also finally started the new Stranger Things season. Thought the first episode was super interesting. Was a little gun shy after the Ozark debacle... Netflix has a tendency to lose its way with shows over time, but maybe ST will be the exception.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted