1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Biden won't make any sort of decision until after the midterms and sees how bad the damage is, and even then I think he waits until around this time next year to make it official either way. Things turn around by then and he has a shot -- if it doesn't, he doesn't whether it's fair or not.

Harris' only chance to be president is if Biden dies and I think she knows it. If she was the heir apparent she'd be out there overplaying vice presidential stuff to lead the charge to the nomination. She's basically been in hiding and probably sees the writing on the wall.

The problem with the Democrats pool is you have no idea what Bernie is going to do, maybe even Warren, and what shape they'll be in at that point. Does Harris go for it regardless? How many of the last gang jump in again, and there are plenty to jump in. I agree Newsom is going to make a play for it as a newcomer. I wish Murphy and Whitehouse were from bigger states and I'd love to get Katie Porter in the fight but she probably needs another cycle.

It truly is amazing to see how fucking old all these people all.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Housing first has shown to be one of the best ways to reduce the homeless population. Houston also has very lax zoning laws, so homes can be built anywhere and everywhere. Changing the zoning is key and is a tough lift politically.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Brooklyn Bridge

How many of the other White Supremacist knuckleheads were living in their mom’s basement?

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Q-Bert would be a better politician and person than Lauren Boebert.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

8. Brooklyn Bridge

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Is that the one with a biker bar inside? Because if it is, I stayed there for a friend’s wedding in 2013.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Patriot Front people had plastered stickers all over the inside of the lockers at my gym in Richmond at one point. I made a point to take them down when I saw them.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Publix heiress paid Kimberly Guilfoyle’s $60,000 speaking fee on Jan. 6

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...imberly-guilfoyle-turning-point-action-jan-6/

"Kimberly Guilfoyle, a fundraiser for former president Donald Trump and the fiancee of his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., spoke for less than three minutes at the rally on Jan. 6, 2021, that preceded the Capitol riot.

For her appearance, she was compensated $60,000 by Turning Point Action, a conservative nonprofit led by Charlie Kirk, according to two people with knowledge of her compensation who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the matter’s sensitivity.

The two people said the sponsoring donor was Julie Fancelli, the 72-year-old daughter of the founder of the Publix grocery store chain.

Eight days before the Jan. 6 rally, Fancelli wired $650,000 to several organizations that helped stage and promote the event. The Washington Post previously reported that these groups included Women for America First, a nonprofit that helped organize the rally, and $150,000 to the nonprofit arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association, which paid for a robocall touting a march to “call on Congress to stop the steal.”

Draft saved Draft deleted