1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for the Capitol Police brass, the video is very suspicious.

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When Democrats struggle, it doesn’t necessarily have to be America’s fault.

Inflation is high. Schools are bad shape. The president is at this point a mediocre-to-poor communicator. It’s just not a very effective executive branch at the moment, and the Democratic Party, as I’ve said, is a little too fixated on feel-bad politics.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Very damn interesting assessment of what the J6 is likely to lay out Thursday. Well worth a read as things indicate that the J6 has a good case that Trump knew what he was doing was illegal, that he was pushing Pence to do something that Pence knew was illegal, and that Trump continuing to push might be another separate crime as well.

Decoding Liz Cheney’s big hint about John Eastman — and Donald Trump
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/06/15/liz-cheney-jan-6-hearing-trump-john-eastman/

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

"Inflation is high" is a stated fact. "Schools are in bad shape" is an opinion. SOME schools are in bad shape. Others are not, not at all. As for "feel-bad politics" I honestly don't know what you mean.

8. Neutral Corner

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The police force with a $2 billion annual secret budget.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

How can anyone possibly vote for Herschel? And how can they put him up to run?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Agreed

Agreed in terms of direction, if not scale. The pandemic set things back for every district and recovery has been wildly uneven. Having been burned by the bad faith conservatives showed throughout the pandemic, progressives in hindsight were slow to accept that they needed to be more aggressive with return to in-person learning.

I would lean more toward average-to-mediocre, but it is fair to grade harshly when he signed up for the biggest job in the world.

Agree to disagree. They haven’t been as aggressive as I’d like but they’ve done some good things. They just aren’t good at communicating it, which goes back to the previous point.

Disagree. The politics may make YOU feel bad, but typically you balk at anything that doesn’t center white Evangelical men from outside the major cities.

Add it all up and you can make a solid case for Congress deserving to flip this fall. Except for that whole pesky batshit nuts, destroy our system of government thing. When it comes to keeping fascists at bay, I’m a single issue voter.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He pwns the libs?

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted