1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Could it? I mean do we not think a good number of NFL owners have done the same thing? Is it worse than Bob Kraft’s arrest?

Barring more sordid details like the Bill O’Reilly falaffell or something I just don’t see it

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was being somewhat sarcastic as we often say the same thing about Trump, who still gets a lot of free passes.

It’s going to make Vince and the E look bad, and some of their sordid past is going to be brought up. Jerry McDevitt is already involved and I expect that he’ll go on the offensive to shut things down.

I have a feeling Laurinaitis is toast, though. I think he’ll take the fall.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

During the Rampage taping tonight:

4. Baron Scicluna

Some reports out there that Sasha is released.

Purely coincidental, I’m sure.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I mean, if they wanted to smear her, it's good timing. A report on ESPN.com last night identified the NDA as being with a 41-year-old paralegal, which kind of tracks with past reports about McMahon. Like, in most of the shoots I've watched, most wrestlers thought he had a wandering eye for the *male* talent.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NFL teams aren’t publicly traded though.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Meltzer went on the radio today or yesterday and said that the McMahons are apparently no longer together, although he said that’s been true for a long time.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be surprising at all, since I doubt either one really wants a divorce. (I believe Linda is one of the biggest stockholders of WWE, so a divorce might not even benefit her financially.)

9. Baron Scicluna

There was a report out there about Kevin Dunn and insider trading; but the website retracted it because they didn’t realize that Dunn hasn’t been on the board of directors in years.

10. JimmyHoward33

I think Vince said as much on the McAfee show. Or alluded to it anyway

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

So, about that sabbatical Steph took...

12. JimmyHoward33

This is an extremely bizarre way to handle a serious corporate investigation…..in a rasslin ring?

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted