1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pretty good timeline here on the Eastman investigation and what it gradually revealed about Trump's plan to steal the election and the legal strategy and tactics used in that effort.

3. Neutral Corner

4. dixiehack

What are they gonna do, impeach him? I’m sure the GOP will fall right in line with that.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Imagine if the press covered Eastman's emails the way they did Hillary's.

6. Neutral Corner

I'd say that depends on what they can prove. ForEx, after the enormous shitfit they threw about the Roe leak, what happens when it comes out that Clarence leaked it to Ginni who planted it in the press?

While we don't know what is in this latest batch of Eastman emails, it's being widely reported that Ginni Thomas is exchanging mail with him. Would the involvement of a Supreme Court Justice's wife in a plot to subvert a presidential election, accompanied by his being the only dissenting vote with regard to releasing the documents containing those emails, be enough?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  7. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Talk about carefully worded. The police chiefs letter says “they didn’t enter the capital” hey sgt. shultz (i know nothing!), explain why they were taking pictures of the hallways and tunnels that lead to the capital building. If that is normal, show us some other examples of people taking pictures of that type of thing on past tours. There’s only one reason to take those pictures.
    And please explain why there were tours at all, since supposedly the building was not open for tours that day.
    Manger should be fired right now, because he’s obviously either a fool, or he’s part of it.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If only some body with subpoena power could conduct an investigation into this and compel testimony under oath.

If only.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"absentee for me but not for thee - tee hee"

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

I recall reading that at that time the Capital police were banned from doing any tours whatsoever.

11. dixiehack

There was a pandemic on. It was in the papers.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Why do you hate bipocs?
    Am I misremembering or did Trump mention "his Blacks" early in his presidency?

There was a story about Maggie Moo tasting the beef at her gym.

Hubris can be an ugly thing.
    edited to add: Claiming to "speak the truth" or speak for God is a favorite screen for cruelty in some places.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted