1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

"Trump 1, you are cleared for takeoff ... touchdown at Dulles in three hours ..."

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That was an excellent, hopeful article.

It was more of an issue profile type take, so I understand how/why it glossed over certain money-related aspects of the story.

But I would have liked to have read/known more about the details of financing such a program from the city's point of view -- costs, who/what entity pays what, how and where are housing units designated, and how many, and the ranges of costs to the city, counties, taxpayers and/or the formerly homeless person, etc. Also, I wish there had been more than just skimming over the oversight of so many city/county entities. Like, how, exactly, does that work, and how are cost-coverage percentages divvied up? And, how has more-successfully confronting the problem of homelessness helped Houston, particularly financially? What is the balance of costs and positive results.

I'd like to know more about the monetary nuts and bolts, as it were, because that's what's going to be key to any other cities implementing any such program on a successful basis.

Neutral Corner and maumann like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. HanSenSE

The only proper response.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Hey here's one case where Dems should agree immediately and offer the former President a chance to sit down in front of the committee and testify under oath.

7. HanSenSE

I've slow-played poker hands quicker than Luttig speaks.

Neutral Corner and Fred siegle like this.
  8. HanSenSE

I fear he's correct.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Thompson said he’s free to testify anytime

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

If we've learned nothing else, it should be that there is a swath of voters who only care that their politicians echo back to them the same things they hear on Fox News.

maumann, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Only caveat to Trump's testimony: He has to talk for two hours extemporaneously before anyone asks a question. He'll implicate himself and 15 other people before Cheney gets her hands on him.

12. HanSenSE

Draft saved Draft deleted