1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pretty much the gold standard for deliberate speech.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Somewhere YankeeFan is mocking January 6th as overblown hype from TDS libs, but seriously: We were "Mike Pence's sense of honor" away from basically the end of the United States, and if you think that's an exaggeration you're deluding yourself.

4. Neutral Corner

Commentator for ABC News as 1/6 coverage is ending: "It is worth noting that as we end our coverage, in the wake of today's hearing no major Republican has spoken up in support of Mike Pence."

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Herschel is the GOP's latest Uncle Tom/ Stepin Fetchit, the house n****er dancin for his massahs. Trump's lawn jockey.

maumann likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Pence capitulated to Trump, It would have gone to the Supreme Court and would have been 6-3 against Trump at best.

Herschel and Warnock are tied right now. I doubt Walker goes higher.

maumann likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have CNN audio going right now and there has been some "good for Mike Pence" praise.

I get that it took courage. ... because courage is doing the right thing when it is difficult to do it.

But let's not forget that Mike Pence put himself into a situation where he needed to have that courage.

Mike Pence does that pious Christian, holier than you act, but he whored himself out to Donald Trump and did zilch for 4 or 5 years while Trump acted antithetically to the good Christian nonsense over and over again, and Pence did this all knowing exactly who Donald Trump was. When it ends the way it ends for everyone who gets into bed with Donald Trump, I am now supposed to feel sorry for him and do an atta boy for doing the f'in right thing? Doing the right thing. ... is what you're supposed to do.

Also, I don't care that all of these superstitious clowns were praying that day and texting each other bible verses. Why do I have to keep hearing about their prayers and "faith"?

X-Hack, UNCGrad, FileNotFound and 7 others like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Who?

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’m where Ragu is re: Pence and let’s be honest, Cheney is only one step removed from Pence in the enabling Trump department. She voted with him something like 95 percent of the time. They should’ve showed a lot more courage before it got to the point that they had to be courageous because they’d enabled this knucklehead for five years.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We keep hearing about liberals and the deep state” but with the way Capitol PD is covering up for the Freedom Causes types, maybe you should be looking elsewhere for your deep staters.

garrow and Fred siegle like this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Hang the conspirators, every last one of them, or they'll do it again.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted