1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’s done much of note before or after.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Eternals come with the promise of more Marvel appearances over the long term. He’s probably already piled up enough money that he’s not worried about ordering dinner.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think the 'thud' that Eternals landed with doesn't really make that a guarantee. I haven't seen it yet, but Marvel is usually fine with taking one or two components from a movie that 'worked,' and redoing everything else, if they want to revisit it.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They didn't really give his character much of a chance to work or not, yet. That little tease of Black Knight was one of the better parts of the movie. I doubt he is getting a solo movie, but maybe a role in Blade. There was also a rumor that they are setting up a Midnight Sons movie. Keeping the appearances smaller might actually be appealing to Harrington.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Physical seemed like it would be a fantastic show but started sliding about 5 episodes into S1.

Now they are just stretching the shit out of every storyline they can and there's just no cohesion or soul.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Started a couple news shows that are intriguing.

The Old Man on FX with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow is a cat-and-mouse spy thriller. It started a little slow and confusing but made more sense by the end of the second episode.

Dark Winds on AMC is the story of tribal police officers trying to solve a double murder, and possibly linked armored car heist, on a Navajo Reservation in 1971. Robert Redford and George R.R. Martin are among the executive producers.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hear good things about "The Old Man".

garrow likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

First episode yes.

Second episode, formulatic.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Listening to Richard Quest deliver a report from start to finish is full-contact sport.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Animal Kingdom is back. Going to ride it out for the final season ... looks like they're going to try to burn off the episodes quickly.

Saw that Leila George (young Smurf) just divorced Sean Penn.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Finished "The Lincoln Lawyer" last night. Enjoyed it.

Starting latest season of "Stranger Things" now.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted