1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Boys on Amazon - spoiler thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Just rewatched the first two seasons. Also wondering if Stormfront is really dead. They said she was detained and we saw her badly burned, not dead.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm certain Stormfront isn't dead. I just wonder how they will bring her back.

The trailer for the third season came out today. Yup. Compound V.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Most of the takes I’ve seen say the show is much more enjoyable than the source material, especially Butcher.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. outofplace

Karl Urban is absolutely fantastic as Butcher and the show is great, but I like both. The comics are even more batshit insane than the show. The cast of characters is much broader. There are many more heroes. They just have more room to explore beyond the core cast. Having Butcher use Compound V and some version of Herogasm will bring it closer to the comics this season.

5. Regan MacNeil

I’m looking forward to Asshole Captain America.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Dear, God.

8. outofplace

G-d has absolutely nothing to do with that, but damn if I'm not excited to see it.

9. Regan MacNeil

Great cameo in the opening scene.

10. outofplace

I already forgot it by the time I got to the end of episode three, but yes, it was.

11. outofplace

It is a minor spoiler to point out that the show takes on the NRA in one of the early episodes this season. Showrunner Eric Kripke talked about why they did it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Oh, gosh. I am a sick person. I love this show.

I do have one quibble that has nagged. The scaling and physics of Termite's um, scene. For one thing, if he was only in his boyfriend's penis when he sneezed and sized up, wouldn't that just blow off boyfriend's member but leave the rest of him intact? Also, in some of the shots he looked way too big to do much damage to Frenchie. Not going to rewatch this. It just bothered me at the time.

I'm still a fan of Kimiko and Frenchie. Really hoping he stays a white hat to make her happy.

It was good to see some of Grace's backstory.

Eh. I like both but prefer the show. Penn Jillette wrote that another Garth Ennis book, Preacher, left him feeling like he'd just watched a very good movie. I agree. Ennis' writing is very cinematic. There is nothing "still" about what he puts on a page.

Garth. Ennis.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted