1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Joe's people are not protecting him. The bike thing is bad optics.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Anyone who has ridden with clipless pedals has gone over before. It’s not a big deal.

MileHigh, Inky_Wretch and Driftwood like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You're right. Full stop.

It's terrible fucking optics. He just became Ford. It's over. He lost '24 with that.

maumann likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Nixon ruins dress shoes during San Clemente photo op. Bombs Cambodia.

OCR-L-SANONOFRE-0831-23-LO-1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    lakefront likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Someone, perhaps you perhaps not, has made this assertion before. It was false then and it's false now.

Who gets abortions in US? CDC data offers snapshot of which groups typically seek procedure

As for the patients who are getting abortions, the most recent CDC data collected shows women with family incomes less than 100% the federal poverty level accounted for almost half of all abortion patients in 2014.

And in 2019, women in their 20s accounted for more than half of abortions. Black women had the highest rate; white women had the lowest.

"The majority of abortions are affecting Black and Hispanic mothers and young women," said Dima Qato of USC's Schaeffer Center for Health Policy & Economics. Qato studies health disparities including access to family planning and reproductive health.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Interesting, thanks. It’s been so ingrained that abortion is a middle class white educated female issue that I bought it. I know lots of educated white females who have had abortions and consider this a very important issue. I dont know any single white mothers except widows and divorced women, I know both personally and professionally many single black mothers, professionals and successful lawyers as well many undereducated and under employed. I do know that many of these women chose to be single mothers, on purpose, and of those that didn’t intend to get pregnant to be single mothers, never contemplated abortion, even having multiple children from multiple men. I guess my perceptions of reality reinforced a false narrative.

I stand corrected, and hopefully because this is a broad spectrum issue the upcoming SCOTUS ruling will cause an electoral change. And FUCK THE POLITICIANS for letting a couple of old white guys in 1973 do what no one could have done but between 1973 and 2022 did not do enough to make it as easy to take way rights as it was it give.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I want to argue this but I really can’t

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Crack open a beer, watch some golf and relax. We're almost two and a half years from election day.

OscarMadison, lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted