1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Today was important to the point where GOP will ensure Trump ain't a thing in '24.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Rudy's spent a bit too much time in the herb department at Four Seasons.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FIFY

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No, that's John Eastman's special reserved spot.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Trump will fundraise like he's running for prez right up to the last minute. That's all it's about for him. Ye olde art of the grift.

The rest of the field will grovel for his favor, even DeSantis.

I think Alabama has the earliest deadline to declare. That'll be where he cuts it off.

6. Neutral Corner

"We've got a lot of theories. What we don't have is evidence." ~ Rudy, per testimony today.

7. Neutral Corner

It's also about whatever protection being a former President offers him, as well as about any services that he can demand someone else pay for. I'm starting to think that the DoJ''s internal "You can't touch the President" edict is going to fall. Too much evidence. Man, they presented a train load of info/evidence today, and it was a slick, clean broadcast production. Schiff was laser focused, he was very good as ringmaster.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hope you are right. Don't see it coming.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

You know what? That aspect of Buttigieg's life, and the placement of it, front and center, on a convention/election stage, would be difficult for some, and many, including myself, probably wouldn't care for it being out there and in their faces, whether because of personal beliefs or a lack of full acceptance yet of the lifestyle.

But, you know what? There are other reasons to like and support Buttigieg, and I'd vote for him anyway. I also don't think I'd be the only one.

There might even be some more moderate Trump supporters, who, even though they may never come out and say or admit it, are realizing, with the recent Jan. 6 hearings, that yes, Trump really was a habitual liar, and a stupid, disingenuous, criminally bad person who didn't belong in the Presidency, who would be ready to go another direction in the next election.

Outside of discussions of the Jan. 6 hearings, everyone, especially those who don't support him, really does need to stop acknowledging, promoting and talking about Trump, and just let him go away, like we do every other former President.

The best things Buttigieg has going for him are that he isn't in his 70s or 80s, and he is very capable of being/sounding intelligent, professional and presidential.

As a country, we were ready for a Black President when Obama ran and won, twice. Only some people weren't, and I'd still maintain that a large part of the reason Trump won his election in 2016 was because we weren't quite ready for a woman President, and because a lot of people were intrigued by him -- enough to give him a chance, and then, hope that he could learn and grow into the job. Alas, he could/did not. But his election wasn't all because of any latent/awakened anger over Obama having been the President previously.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted