1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Right now its "Gas prices are high because of Biden". Once the price goes back down it will be "Biden blew up the deficit by cutting the taxes on gas. Now we have to come up with the money to replace those taxes, and it's all Biden's fault!".

wicked likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

FIFY.

3. Neutral Corner

I look at the testimony and video being laid out and I simply can't see any way that DoJ does not prosecute. The only question is "For what?" and how high up the ladder they will reach. They continue to place Trump in the planning and execution of the attempt to steal the election with solid evidence and witness testimony from within his own party.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This DoJ will never prosecute Trump.
    Three months from now these hearings will have accomplished nothing.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Theacquittalhasalreadyhappened.

Fred siegle, wicked and TigerVols like this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Exactly. And I take no joy in agreeing with that. I'm sure TV doesn't take any joy in saying it. But it's going to wind up as performance art.

Incidentally, y'all do know how many streets will be on fire the day Trump IS convicted, right?

Justin_Rice and TigerVols like this.
  7. TigerVols

The DoJ hasn’t learned anything substantial from the hearings that it didn’t already know. In fact, have any of us? Keyword: substantial.
    This all happened very much in public 18 months ago and yet the Trump Administration still has prosecuted more of its own officials than this DoJ has.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Or chicken/egg. We incentivize driving here.

And air travel.

There are still plenty of workable high-speed rail routes possible between American cities. Especially along coastal population corridors. If we wanted them.

You get the transportation system you ask for.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

1. I agree the DoJ files no charges. ... mostly because the Trumpists would be burning stuff down if they did.

2. Do you think assembling and trying to submit for consideration the fake electors - including attempting to muddle the certification by pointing to their existence - a crime? I do.

Inky_Wretch and wicked like this.
  10. TigerVols

Yes, I do. Alas, the country is not run by TigerVols. Not yet at least.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

This is with regard to the British documentary film maker who testified on Day one of the 1/6 hearings.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but there's a helluva big difference between: 1) something seeming criminal; and 2) that something actually being prohibited by/prosecutable under a particular statute.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted