1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Of course her take is true ... since "gouging" can't be defined any way other than "pricing/profiting more than I think is appropriate."

Her take is also tooth-achingly stupid.

Azrael likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fucking weirdo GQP fuckheads.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't think Rep. Porter has done a stupid thing since she's taken office.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Granted, but his intelligence counts, and matters. And his experience is still more than what Trump had when he won. Despite his own lack of political experience, if Trump had exhibited half of Buttigieg's intelligence, he might have succeeded as a President in a much more acceptable way than he did. In fact, I firmly believe that if Trump had been able to be even a little bit professional and presidential, he would have been elected again, for real.

Long story short, I voted for Biden, but if Buttigieg had been the Democratic nominee in 2020, I would have happily voted for him, whatever his sexual orientation, and not just for purposes of getting Trump out of office, either. I liked him and really believe he'd have been a good candidate. On the Republican side, I would've liked to have seen John Kasich as an option.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

One of the great mysteries is which wife will outlive Rupert.

10. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I think a greater mystery is why no one ever speaks to Trump's first wife, Ivana, and what she holds secret. Hmm...

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sad committee trombone.

A Year Later, Some Republicans Second-Guess Boycotting the Jan. 6 Panel

WASHINGTON — The four hearings held in the past few weeks by the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack, with their clear, uninterrupted narratives about President Donald J. Trump’s effort to undercut the peaceful transfer of power, have left some pro-Trump Republicans wringing their hands with regret about a decision made nearly a year ago.

Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the minority leader, chose last summer to withdraw all of his nominees to the committee — amid a dispute with Speaker Nancy Pelosi over her rejection of his first two choices — a turning point that left the nine-member investigative committee without a single ally of Mr. Trump.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted