1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

High gas prices and inflation will be in the minds of American voters.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And remember: The Reverend Wright shit started in her camp. She may not be a Deplorable but she is a carrier.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Bernie did a lot worse with African Americans and would’ve got clobbered in South Carolina.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sure. But so will a lot of other things, most notably the individual candidates they'll be choosing.

garrow likes this.
  5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I called her office first thing and told her if she wasn't going to lead the impeachment charges against Kavanaugh and the other justices who lied under oath that she needs to tender her resignation stat.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

deplorable-adjacent

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Jesus. ... I'm not normally a Pelosi basher. She is brilliant at whipping up the votes when needed and proved to be a great foil to Trump, but when it comes to moments like this, she's an utter failure. How can she read a fucking poem? She should be angry and pounding on the lectern -- or finding someone to do just that. A poem? A POEM!? There should be nothing but spit and vinegar between now and November.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yeah, and all of us that voted for her were in on that fix.

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

That's so much crap. Bernie was never going to be the candidate. Bernie excites about 27% of Democrats. That number never moves. His followers are largely repugnant and he's got a race problem. And there's a lot of Americans that will not vote for a Jew..

2muchcoffeeman and lakefront like this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Seriously? Who ran against her? Martin O'Malley? People in Maryland barely knew who Martin O'Malley was. He was there to play the role of the Washington Generals. And for anyone saying "But Bernie" I'm going to say this just one time but loudly:

Bernie Sanders is an Independent.

She more or less ran as unopposed.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have voted in every Democratic primary since 19-fuckin'-72, and I feel more than slightly insulted when people I know to be intelligent throw out the conspiratorial BS about election choices made by tens of millions of people. It is noteworthy to me that many folks, not just here, who state, not entirely inaccurately I must say, that Democratic party leadership is feckless and rudderless simultaneously believe said leadership can essentially rig elections throughout the country. One or the other, but not both, please.

lakefront and Hermes like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

She’s from San Francisco by way of ethnic white Baltimore a half-century ago. Never developed the muscle memory to understand fighting for survival on hostile terrain.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted