1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2024: The Donald ... or The Ronald? /Smerconish

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You know what I mean by “if given the chance.”

3. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Careful there, or the smartest man in the world might just go all Greg Brady on your ass.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

???

He'll wipe out surfing?

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, dummy, he'll smash an egg.

doctorquant likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Being all jacked up on Mountain Dew, I prefer the spider monkey approach.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Chief Cuck.

The repudiation of Roberts in the abortion case was indisputable and prompts the fundamental question of what degree of leadership is or should be expected from a chief justice. There have clearly been chief justices out of sync with the majority of their colleagues

The lonely chief: How John Roberts lost control of the court

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Get this motherfuckin' snake off the motherfuckin' bench.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

All this discussion of possible younger, fresher/different candidates, and the apparent lack thereof, begs the question: Why aren't there any?

I mean, is this a generational thing in that it's just that no one is interested in entering politics as a business/life choice anymore? And if not, why not?

Is it a lack of encouragement? A real disbelief in democracy? A fear of losing? Laziness borne of not wanting to engage, have opinions/debates, and put them out there for people to see/hear? Does everyone truly not care, about anything, anymore?

There really aren't any truly viable candidates on the Republican side, either, so the questions apply there, too. Is our way of operating the country just actually dying a natural, evolving death? Or what?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Blame voters, as usual. The power of incumbency is the most powerful force in any election for anything. People assume, not altogether incorrectly, than an R or a D after the incumbent's name means they know what said official will do and can thus vote without thinking or having to do any awful studying on issues, personalities, etc. In 2018 it was obvious Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D) was going gaga, but the D voters of California didn't care. In 2022, it's just as obvious Sen. Chuck Grassley (R) is soft as a sneaker full of shit, but Iowa voters don't care. Multiply that by decades worth of elections and you get a superannuated political class.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is all part of why we must move on from Trump, and just move forward. Even though the things involving him and recent politics are not exactly "old news," we must have some truly fresh views and voices come out, and to be talking about. Personally, I think even some Trumpists are probably starting to realize that. It has got to happen, and we can only hope it occurs soon. Whether it occurs soon enough to matter for the next election is the real question, and the problem.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I see this in my profession and I’ll apply it to voting.

I and my generation benefited from true mentoring and training, I don’t see the same efforts in my generation of lawyers. I try where I can but young lawyers tell me this all the time. There’s a lack of this and they are professionally adrift.

I think this is what’s happened in politics as well.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted