1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We need a cage match here.

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

There’s a reason the Washington Post and not The Times helped uncover Watergate.

“They knocked our socks off on Watergate. I’d be the last to deny it,” then-Times VP Scotty Reston said. “Yes, it was a matter of dismay here. We could quibble about the point because this is a very delicate story and very often, I think, Ben’s (Bradlee) fastball is better than his control. And we care about control on The Times maybe a little bit more than they do.”

Some 50 years later, that culture remains unchanged.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Why would she do that? She wanted to have happen what is happening? Or, she just didn't think about it?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Boy if this country gets any more pro life we’re all going to be dead soon.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/25/ri-...onent-at-abortion-rally-after-roe-ruling.html

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

"We're [the Times]. We cover the world."

[​IMG]

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What dispensary did she get her stuff from? Cause I want some too.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’m so confused. I was told the libruhls would be violent after the overturn of Roe.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

i don't live in the fucking world

Gutter, Baron Scicluna and matt_garth like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As touched I am that a post with like eight F bombs in it is called "eloquent," but this is a point that I didn't make last night. A lot of the "blame the Democrats crowd" is, in my opinion off base. The Democrats have 50 votes in the Senate, and their 50th vote represents a state only slightly to the left of Marjorie Taylor Green. Sinema is being a jackass, but the Democrats currently nominally hold both seats in a state that was too racist to do MLK Day a generation ago. They have both seats in Georgia right now, and held by real Democrats, not like Zell Miller types. The prize is that Mitch McConnell is not the Senate Majority Leader.

If you want to blame some Democrats, blame Cal Cunningham and Sara Gideon. It's not everything, but a vast majority of the calamity that has befallen the Democrats in the last week or two is not the result of some vast conspiracy other than losing winnable elections. And despite what the Internet tells you, the vast majority of those losses have been because the party is too far to the left. (see: police, defund the)

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

They’re not even trying to hide anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted