1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When does the next GQP bassoon practice?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with the left example 13,734: it uses word like arrogated in arguments.

Baron Scicluna and heyabbott like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wonder if Clarence Thomas will go after those interracial relationships while he's at it ...

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

All Glory to Xhrist

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2022/06/24/dave-eggers-book-bans-south-dakota/

By Dave Eggers

In early May I discovered that my book “The Circle” had been pulled from high school reading lists in Rapid City, S.D. It was one of five books — four novels and a memoir — that were deemed inappropriate for high school seniors. Copies of these books had been bought in the spring of 2021, meant to be read by seniors in the fall of 2021. But upon discovering brief sexual passages in each book, school officials pulled the titles from classrooms and even the schools’ libraries. Officials eventually decided that these books, most of which had never been unpacked from their boxes and were in mint condition, should be destroyed.

6. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Obergefell (which he mentions) and Loving (which he conveniently doesn't) were both decided on 14th Amendment equal protection and substantive due process grounds. He would just say substantive due process decision is "demonstrably erroneous" and that equal protection doesn't save Obergefell because anyone can get married -- even gay people -- as long as they marry someone of the opposite gender (a point made by one of the dissenting justices on the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court in the landmark Goodridge case that was the first in the country to recognize same-sex marriage) while 14th Amendment equal protection DOES save Loving.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Some one said something about what would really happen during that time. And how would our younger part of the country deal with what will be affected. Even some of the older 2nd amendment types. Probably no...Mcdonalds, large phone network, instagram!! snapchat!! ticktock!!! Big ass trucks hiked up in the front with neon lights in the tires. Just to name a few of the luxuries that our very spoiled youth are so accustom to having. Never mind the fat slobs who would have to come out of the basement and actually do something.
    I wish I knew who said that they better think long and hard about what they are giving up.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If I were a justice, I would rule that same-sex marriage is covered by the Full Faith and Credit Clause in Article IV as much as the 14th. Your state doesn't perform same-sex marriages? OK. But if two people got legally married in a state that did, your state has to recognize it same as any other marriage.

HanSenSE, lakefront and Smallpotatoes like this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Except for the obvious religious exemption. “ My motel is restricted to married couples and families only. I don’t recognize the marriage between a colored and white. It’s part my religion. “ just like the baker for the gay cakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted