1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Just wondering. One of the funniest things in baseball is seeing the relief pitchers sprinting from the bullpen to join the fray. In the case of Angel Stadium, both bullpens are together, they use the same gate to exit. Why run all the way to the infield to fight, why not just fight right there? It was crazy seeing guys run side-by-side so they could push and shove each other a few seconds later.

2. ChrisLong

I think Winker wanted Nevin.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It was Rendon who punched Winker, his first big hit in three years with the Angels.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A big brawl in a Mariners-Angels game? Was Queen Elizabeth in town again?

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think they had a five-game series in Seattle last weekend. Eight games between teams in a week is often a recipe for trouble.

6. ChrisLong

Yeah, they got all the way into the middle of June and hadn't played yet. These 8 were the first of the season.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Color commentator went into witness protection before the first punch was thrown. I’m for equality, but that doesn’t just mean discussing splits against the shift.

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This is the rare brawl where both dogass terrible teams can bellow how this will turn their seasons around.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Winker definitely wanted Nevin. I have no doubt he is right to blame him. There was apparently a pitch near Julio Rodriguez's head in the first inning, which poured some gasoline on the situation.

I'm sure there will be some suspensions. The longest might go to Rodriguez. Supposedly, he had to be pulled from the scrum multiple times and I read one report that he punched one of the Angels while the guy was on the ground. I couldn't see the latter in the video, but the former is clear.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Haha that's a great point. Feels like just before the rumble in The Outsiders where Darry is sizing up his former football teammate.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You know it's a great brawl when things calm down, the teams move 20 feet to the right and start it all over again.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Philly's bullpen, which doesn't have a defined closer right now, had retired 33 straight hitters before Hosmer doubled in the seventh today.

Draft saved Draft deleted