1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the first season of "Last Chance U" and East Mississippi football coach Buddy Stephens. His pregame speech just before the team leaves the locker room to start the game: "Fuck them up .... Fuck Them Up .... FUCK THEM UP. Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed by thy name ......."

Slacker, HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes it would. Yes it would.

It would also require Pence to have a modicum of self-respect and guts and a willingness to put country before self. He has none of those attributes.

He's content to be forever known as Trump's toady who was discarded as soon as he no longer benefitted Trump. Like Barr and so many others.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That was two-plus years.

This circus has been going on for six.

And it's not exactly like this crew is a bunch of Mensa members, they've made some idiotic mistakes.

But the courts are on his side because they're all his judges.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Allahu Akbar

HanSenSE and heyabbott like this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The DOJ he controlled was not going to prosecute him. As long as he was President the Southern District couldn't go after him. The clock didn't start until Jan. 20, 2021. And much of the evidence they'll be able to use to go after him didn't start coming out until the Jan. 6 committee started taking testimony.

Will he ever go to trial? Who knows. But the process takes time.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe Fatfuck made a move on Ivanky's daughter, who's about to turn 11 and thus entering fat daddy's prime-meat age group, and she finally had an Anakin Skywalker moment.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A few things about that SPAC. ...
    1) For those who don't know, a special purpose acquisition company raises capital, essentially telling investors, "Give us money and we'll go out and buy another company with it. Trust us to know what to buy." It was the ultimate symbol of the equity bubble we have been in.
    2) The SPAC that merged with Trump's social media thing was already being hounded by the SEC. FINRA was investigating trading in the stock that sure looked like the kind of run you'd see if there was insider trading prior to their public announcement of the merger agreement. Honestly, it didn't take much of an investigation to see that something shady happened.
    3) So with all the shadiness surrounding DWAC, I'd love to know who actually owns that stock, at least as a buy and hold proposition. It's got to be a handful of insiders who saw their stock drop today. And. ... Nobody could have been surprised by a grand jury subpoena. This has been hanging over the company since it went public.
    4) FWIW, this is kind of already known. ... The founder of DWAC, Patrick Orlando, met with Trump 6 months before the company was listed. If the two came up with a plan to take Trump's company public via a SPAC (which we all know is what happened) and DWAC didn't disclose that info publicly when it went public. ... it's a violation of security's law. Like many things Trump, Trump himself might be clear on this (depending on his involvement) and it's the stooge who did business with Trump who could face an indictment.
    5) I shit you not on this. ... Prior to its listing, DWAC (and Orlando) were based out of Wuhan, China!

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"But Moscow4" -- Alexei Navalny

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

that's exactly what I was thinking of...my daddy used to sing that song every now and again. Thank you for posting it!!!

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I am past getting my hopes up. Show me perp walks and convictions and they’ll get my attention.

Draft saved Draft deleted