1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Don't look now but the Orioles are about to go to 14-10 for June. It would be their first winning month in about six years, IIRC the graphic they showed on the M's broadcast. They have some developing talent.

Rutschman with a bomb and a rocket RBI single in his return to the PNW. He's really starting to come around and show why he was 1/1.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This is one of those “John Tyler’s grandson was alive until 2020” type factoids. Seems impossible.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

dixiehack, ChrisLong and heyabbott like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Honestly, that lineup looks pretty good 1-6. It breaks down on the back end, but guys like Mullins, Mancini, Hays, Rutschman ... they are quality. I believe Austin Hays should be an AL All-Star reserve.

And speaking of quality, they've gotten some nice starts lately, which they really never had in recent years outside of Means (who isn't around this year). Dean Kremer has stepped up. Jordan Lyles, Trey Wells have had their moments. And Jorge Lopez has somehow morphed from a lousy starting pitcher into a lights-out closer in 12 months (0.806 WHIP as of this morning).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've actually watched a few games and the kids are fun to watch right now. Won three of four on the Southside this past weekend. Just glad to see the O's aren't embarrassing themselves this year.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nice grift this kid has going.

I’m kidding … sorta.

Plenty of times I went to the ballpark when I was a kid and someone I wanted/expected to see was resting and didn’t play. Part of the deal, kid, suck it up.

Just this year? My daughter and I went down to Cincinnati to see a Brewers-Reds game. She’s a Pirates fan and wanted to see Andrew McCutchen, but he got COVID two days before the game.

She didn’t go crying and carrying on like a big baby on social media about it.

OK, she’s also 20, but … SHUT UP!

Huggy likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

A KIT - Karen in training (not your child).

We went to a Yankees-Senators DH at Yankee Stadium in 1966. Neither Maris nor Mantle played. That's life.

maumann likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

There were plenty of people calling out the mom Sunday for using the child as a prop to get free stuff from the Reds - again.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am going to be 'that guy'. If I never see another picture of a kid holding a sign (they obv) didn't make, it will be too soon. And I frankly don't care if an adult gives a kid a baseball. BFD.

HanSenSE and micropolitan guy like this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm not sure 8-year-old me would have been quite so magnanimous about THAT.

Draft saved Draft deleted