1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2022 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’ve been watching the entire show (no MLB or NBA/NHL playoffs on). God, this crowd is hot and this show is fun.

If only the E started learning how to have fun again.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Damn. Was hoping we'd get a promo from Jericho about him being on the sports entertainment show this week.

3. Baron Scicluna

It always amazes me how the only thing between a wrestler getting slammed on plywood is a thin mat pad and the ring canvas.

4. Baron Scicluna

5. nietsroob17

At least Sammy's fall looked a helluva lot better than Jericho into the pillow last year.

But of course another guy goes down with a freak injury. Yuck, that looks awful.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wasn’t Santana on top of the cage celebrating at the end?

Also, that one dude from JAS wore a crimson mask, shirt and maybe cummerbund. Dude must have had some blood thinners and drank a gallon of water before the match.

7. nietsroob17

Nah, that's Ortiz. The one who had to shave his head a couple weeks ago and had the face paint tonight.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought both of them were up there.

9. nietsroob17

Nope. Sean Ross Sapp said they took him out of the cage and to the back when cameras weren't watching.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I guess Mox wasn’t concussed.

That was a good War Games match. I have no idea why Cesaro and Kingston dont like each other? But sure why not

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

You’d think it would be, but Riddle is only a year younger than Tommaso, and Damian Priest is two years older than Ciampa. I’m betting it’s more about his size.

McMahon loves Theory, and he’s been so much better since he worked with Gargano after he was sent back down to NXT. They’re going to push Brekker to the moon when he gets a call-up. If Brooks Jansen grows, he’s got potential (dude’s only 20). Carmelo Hayes has a shot to be great, and Odyssey Jones has the size Vince loves. The Creed brothers are beasts. Solo Sikoa will be up carrying on the Bloodline’s legacy.

On the women’s side, Rhea Ripley should be back at the top soon and should get to spend a lot of time up there. They have a lot of young talent on the main roster if they can use it right. Heck, Alexa Bliss is only 31. They should bring Toxic Attraction up to the main roster as a unit and let them run wild. Rose is so much better with them. Ip Shirai, Indi Hartwell and Sarray all could make an impact on the women’s side as well.

Gutter likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

I think it goes back to their ROH days (kayfabe-wise), and I think the announcers mentioned a couple of times that they have a past.

Part of me was wondering if Kingston was going to turn heel and also throw Cesaro, er, Claudio off the cage as well. (JR also botched the name too at one point).

Draft saved Draft deleted