1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hillsdale's political bent, although it's always leaned conservative, has cranked hard to right wing screech machine territory the last 10-20 years.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Informal Internships

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A Trumpist pseudo-Christian college in another state. Quite a partner for the people of Florida.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought Republicans were against political correctness?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In some ways, I almost think the "war" is over - conservatives have enough control over our institutions in enough of the country to make the "collective reality" of our lives whatever it is they want it to be. Shoot, the Civil War was about borders and slavery - what's happened these last few months has amounted to an invasion of our collective norms in every corner of our lives.

maumann likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Black people sometimes refer to one another with use of a certain word. Using Quant logic, it would be OK for the Supreme Court justices to use that word to refer to Black people as well. The Greg Brady of sportsjournalists.com, always ready to go to the exact words card to play the gotcha game. Some of us expect better of the supreme court justices. So yes, it does in fact tell us exactly what we need to know.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The crazy thing of it is - classic conservativism favored glacially-paced progress, the conservatism preached and practiced now is pretty much what is most politically convenient as long as the base approves.

maumann likes this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The DeVos family has ties to Hillsdale.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Then the war would just be beginning, I don't think we want to go along with it. They can control their selves but not the rest of society. i don't think the majority of the people want to live under christian law. No Fing way!

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah ... no.

Also ... I can friggin rock a leisure suit.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted