1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Stop bumping up old threads I stopped caring about 15 years ago when they were fresh. Just start a new thread.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's a stupid response.

JC likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I find it hard to understand that people get a chuckle out of Bonilla getting his annuity payment ever year.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's one of the greatest American sports stories ever told.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It's funny b/c this all-time bust of a Met--twice!--is getting paid enough money to set up every generation of Bonillas to come b/c the idiot owners thought they were the smart ones by not just giving him his $5.9M and sending him on his way. They thought they were gonna be the ones laughing all the way to the bank thanks to the investment they were making with Bernie Madoff. Oops!

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The only one I can think is better was the two brothers who owned the St. Louis franchise in the ABA who, in exchange for folding their franchise in the merger, received annual partial shares of TV money from the NBA in perpetuity.

They finally reached a multimillion dollar settlement with the NBA a few years ago after earning millions more for folding their franchise 30+ years ago.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Where is John Sterling?

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They announced he is doing a reduced road schedule in the second half

lakefront likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

An early gut check ahead for the Orioles. Jorge Lopez has turned saves into losses in the ninth last night and today.

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Wonder when the last time a team has been involved in four walkoffs in row...

Twins got walked off twice in Cleveland and now have walked off Baltimore the last two games.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I was aware of how bad the Angels are after a promising start. But this just hadn't dawned in me. Listened to the pregame show on radio today while on a Jack Tacos run. Announcer was going over the standings.
    The Astros are 12-1/2 games ahead in the AL West.
    Every other team in the division is below .500.
    Rangers are next. Angels and Mariners tied, A's deep in the basement.
    When the game started, Angels go in order. Astros put up 3 in the first. And so on. Ends up 9-1, after 8-1 yesterday.
    Trout has struck out 6 or 7 times in a row, half of them looking.

Draft saved Draft deleted