1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

You can combine the rosters from the Rangers, Angels, Mariners and A’s and that team would still be worse than Houston.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Riley Greene's first Major League home run is a walk-off winner.

The first half of the Tigers' season has been a first-class dumpster fire, punctuated nicely by Chris Ilitch saying ""I'm very pleased with the progress. Despite a very slow start this season, there's actually some good progress happening with some of the young guys that have come up and developed and so on and so forth," but they look like they've gotten at least one thing right.

(He's also already second on the team in offensive WAR)

maumann likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This is not breaking news, but the Yankees are soul-sucking good. They’re so good it’s boring. You lose to them and it’s not even upsetting. What are you going to do, keep that first six in the order from scoring three runs, which is all that pitching staff needs?

maumann likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I love that Cortes was a 36th round draft choice. He was a rule 5 to the Orioles who are desperate for pitching but returned NYY. He was traded to Seattle and re-signed by NYY as aFA. He was available to anyone who had lunch money. He may be just on a streak and once the ASB comes and goes he’ll be worn out. But right now how can you not love what he brings as a middle of the rotation player.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I would love nothing more than to believe the Yankees are one injury away from mediocrity. But they’re so not. This team, as much as it pains me to write it, is one for the ages.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The Astros proved they're beatable, though. Yankees are really good, but this ain't 1998. With all the caveats about the randomness of the playoffs, they'll likely have to beat better-tested buzzsaws in the ALCS and World Series.

7. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Could listen to this all day

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The oldest daughter of Blue Jays first base coach Mark Budzinski died yesterday in a boating accident on the James River. She was only 17. I can't image something like that happening to my family.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The Astros came into New York last week and went 7-2 against the Yankees and the Mets

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A very shocking and hopeless feeling. Like a nuclear bomb going off. Condolences.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

And it should have been 9-0.

Yankees are very good, but they're going to have a challenging path to the World Series, unlike the '98 (or '99) teams.

Brooklyn Bridge likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Not saying they were seriously challenged, but the 98 Yankees were down 2-1 to the Indians in the ALCS.

Enrique Wilson rolling.

Draft saved Draft deleted