1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Give yer balls a tug.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We are 2 episodes in. Really compelling.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

My absolutely favorite moment from Stranger Things 4:

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Really enjoying The Offer on Paramount+. They really blew out the budget for this one. Miles Teller is great.

Regan MacNeil and garrow like this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I thought this week’s Physical was the first interesting episode of the season (episode 5).

Loot, also on Apple Plus, could be much better, but it’s watchable. I liked this week’s fourth episode more than last week’s first three. It stars Maya Rudolph who becomes one of the world’s richest women after a divorce and her efforts to assimilate into the real world.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

This was a great season.

And discussing it with four middle schoolers while driving them home tonight, this was my favorite scene, too.

Steve and Robin are national treasures. The scene does not top the bathroom confession of season 3, though.

Robin trying to live in the 1980s in Middle America while being gay is fantastic screenwriting and acting.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    qtlaw and garrow like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They are trying so hard with Physical.

Also, S3 of Trying starts this week on Apple TV in a few weeks.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I recently got Hulu, so I started watching The Orville: New Horizons. I was a big fan of the show when it was on Fox. I still enjoy it, but be prepared if you watch. Seth MacFarlane has gotten really heavy-handed with the politics. For those who haven't seen it, the show is a sort of satire/homage to Star Trek, which has always been political, but there have been some moments this time around that felt like something out of an afterschool special.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’m rewatching the series before I jump into the new episodes just to get caught up. Forgot before we have Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks et al this was Star Trek. And it was really good when MacFarlane stopped pretending it was a comedy series. Letting it breathe as a sci-fi show with a few exaggerated comedic things was smart.

Now how heavy handed are we talking? Topa’s sex change heavy handed or Season 2 of Picard heavy handed?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Topa's sex change. There is actually an episode with Topa playing an important role in the new season. I don't want to spoil it beyond that.

jr/shotglass and Spartan Squad like this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Chris Pratt thing on Amazon is what you think it is.

More cliche, less brains.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted