1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Hell, Amy Coney Barrett and Brett Kavanaugh assured us that Roe was settled law. Nothing to worry about.

matt_garth and Baron Scicluna like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You're no fun.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Aw, come on now. I'm just said the 18th Amendment was ridiculous to begin with.

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Whatevs dude. Women don't get to sit back and say it's not a worry. Because it's all a worry.

Tighthead and sgreenwell like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We'll always have the wrestling thread.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

And we can watch wrestling safely without having to drink bathtub gin!

Batman likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Republican Period Police checking women to make sure they’re not pregnant and registering their menstrual cycles, in addition to chasing women across state lines like runaway slaves. And the Republican Trans Police, inspecting teen girls to make sure they aren’t trans and can complete in Rec basketball and volleyball.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really hope I'm alive to see a different court with the few remaining members of this bunch have to hear plaintiff's use their own arguments for overturning Roe and other rulings to justify a return to a more legit interpretation of the Constitution. If you have to ignore large swaths of the Constitution - I'd love to see someone bring up the not quartering of military in people's houses thing for example - to negate states ability to enforce the Dobbs thing.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

“We agree that we need to our country’s tradition and history as cited in Dobbs. Therefore, we feel that any law that bans any gun other than a musket to be valid.”

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Win where? SCOTUS? I'd like to agree with you, but can you find me five SCOTUS votes for a woman in that situation?
    We know where Alito, Uncle Clarence, Washington Baseball Team Superfan Beer Bong Brett, Gorsuck and Amy COVID Barrett will land.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Imminent? Probably not. But it can't be ruled out. The Pseudo Christian Trumpist Klan is working on it. Legislators in Arkansas and South Dakota, according to this story, are hot to trot in introducing such legislation at the next opportunity.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/29/abortion-state-lines/

The National Association of Christian Lawmakers, an antiabortion organization led by Republican state legislators, has begun working with the authors of the Texas abortion ban to explore model legislation that would restrict people from crossing state lines for abortions, said Texas state representative Tom Oliverson (R), the charter chair of the group’s national legislative council.

“Just because you jump across a state line doesn’t mean your home state doesn’t have jurisdiction,” said Peter Breen, vice president and senior counsel for the Thomas More Society. “It’s not a free abortion card when you drive across the state line.”

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I've been working on a project that tracks internet platforms that make money from animal abuse.
    Do not click on this video if you are easily triggered.

Here's the Reader's Digest version: A larger juvenile macaque rapes a four-week-old infant monkey. The older monkey throws himself against the walls because he has most likely been fed a stimulant and is out of his mind. It is evident he was forcibly penetrated by one of his "Daddies." In the meantime, the infant screams, cries, and takes the defensive posture I have seen over and over while working on this project. He tucks his head down and either sucks on is toes or his penis while clasping his hands over his backside. For those you who are not familiar with primates, they are not smiling when they gnash their teeth and chatter. They are scared or hurting. Their soft hooting is how they call for their mothers. They sometimes suck off their nails in an effort to self-soothe.

Why am I bringing this up? Why are we redoubling our efforts now? What do you think is going to happen to those babies who fall between the cracks when an already overloaded health and human services office can't take care of them all? The sick trash who make these videos are getting surplus babies to play with in the near future.

Great job voting, assholes.

Draft saved Draft deleted