1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

No way Griner is worth that. She's not political; she's not an international criminal; she's not even a big name U.S. citizen.
    I'd swap her for a second line NHL Russian who got picked up for DUI.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

3. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

You'd have to throw in at least a conditional sixth round draft pick in the 2024 draft to get the Russians to bite, I'd think.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Vlad still pounding away on behalf of the GQP. LOL

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Have WNBA players agreed to boycott the Russian leagues (where they make their real cash in the off-season) until Griner is free?

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Where's Austin Tice?

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the Russian government probably doesn't give a shit if a bunch of WNBA players decide to stay home, unless the Russian version of the WNBA has more lobbying power than the NFL does here.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What's coming out of the WaPo editorial page is still far better than the dreck the NYT is spewing.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I've been reading The NY Times since 1972ish and the Washington Post since I moved to the DC area in 1977. I have almost never read an editorial in either paper., I have read a couple of election endorsements but other than that I have never been interested in either editorial page. I've read the op-eds almost every day. Neither paper has down themselves any favors in the last 10 years with their op-ed selections either.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If trump had a brain cell, he'd work a deal with Putin.

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That's why I want to know who the people waiting in the wings are.

Because an election is coming up soon, and usually, there are legitimate people you're hearing about by now, who are going to be actively campaigning and running. And frankly, I haven't heard much about anybody, on either side, really.

Draft saved Draft deleted