1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Holy shit, the “more tweets’’ that show up when you click on that. Crazy shit from Marge, gym jordan, and a vast array of other lunatics living in a completely different world from me.

lakefront and garrow like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Who paid for his supper? Certainly not drunk ass rapist Brett

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There is no right to eat dinner free of irritation. Morton's is wrong there.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why anyone thinks standing outside a restaurant yelling at a man who's already voted is a wise, win-people-to-your-side thing to do.

lakefront, tapintoamerica and X-Hack like this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, if they would have yelled at him before the vote, they’d be accused by the Right Wing Shriek Machine if trying to intimidate him to vote their way.

And besides, they say there’s no right to privacy guaranteed in the Constitution due to long-standing traditions. Maybe Brett should have taken some personal responsibility and eaten at home.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

if only you had yielded on abortion

6. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Not saying they shouldn't have the right to act like that. And I agree with the protestors on substance -- the Republican operatives masquerading as justices are a malignancy. But does this type of protest pass the "does it help?" test? I don't think so.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Let them eat steak!"

OscarMadison and tea and ease like this.
  8. DanOregon

Flipping through the radio dial this morning and heard righties Armstrong and Getty making fun of SF liberals "turning on" liberalism due to homelessness and drug issues. But it made me think that there is probably a direct linkage between the permissiveness on both edges of the political spectrum. The same lawlessness and decay on our city streets is going on within the GOP. Allowing either situation to go unaddressed due to your politics has allowed for a weakening of public norms.

lakefront likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I really don't understand what can be done by executive order and what requires approval of Congress.

10. DanOregon

Ensuring states don't interfere with people buying drugs/controceptives online and mail delivery?

Mngwa likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Did Biden sign the order at the same little desk we mocked Trump for sitting at?

Sea Bass likes this.
  12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

JFC. Do you really not understand that people are outraged? I mean really truly to the core of who they are, both outraged by what has transpired and scared to fucking death of what might transpire. Kavanaugh should never get another moment's peace out in public. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted