1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A woman I have never heard of named Becka Wall said on Twitter that Kavanaugh should simply have gone to a Morton's in another state.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Of those five? Nothing. My use of the word “people” wasn’t referring to them - but, rather, everyone else with the power to vote for state reps and congressional reps in charge of the laws.

Yelling at Kavanaugh is, simply, punishment - for him and anyone who happens to be in the restaurant.

4. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the left let it get this far!

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I vote every time, but I live in Alabama. "Vote to change the legislature" is easy to say, but it's intractable as things stand.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In 2014, the Court ruled that a Massachusetts law forbidding anti-abortion protesters from getting closer than 35 yards to an abortion clinic to prevent abuse of patients was unconstitutional. So fuck the Justices. In addition to being right wing crackpots, they're gutless pukes, too.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

In contrast, SPC awarded similar medals to Rush Limbaugh, Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan.

Advantage: Biden.

One really has to wonder Jenna Ellis has fully recovered from smelling Rudy Giuliani's farts.

OscarMadison, Wenders and garrow like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Jennifer Lawrence gives a thumbs up and says "ok."

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

@Alma waits exactly two weeks after Dobbs ruling is issued to post on the topic and then only to react to the reaction. I’m uninterested in his deflection.

What do you think about the flurry of new legislation coming out Alma? Should it be banned right from the start instead of after six or 15 weeks? Should there be exemptions for rape or incest? What about if somebody travels out of state for an abortion? Should the pregnant woman be prosecuted for that, or anyone who helped her? What about if she is under age? Should a 12-year-old be forced to give birth, and sent to juvenile incarnation if she doesn’t? Do you support the Texas law that allows people to sue to recover a bounty if they sue people involved in trying to flee to a jurisdiction that provides abortion? Should pregnant women even be allowed to travel out of state?

You’ve spent decades praying for this ruling Alma. Please don’t deny us your wisdom now.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted