1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Could Merrick be rousing??

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Random thought - I assumed that things would be "less shitty" with us out of Afghanistan - but here we are a year later, war in Ukraine, global inflation and fuel prices run amok, the UK PM dumped, and the US still in a maelstrom of political chaos, let alone the shootings and Dobbs decision. Son of a bitch, can we get a break from cruddy news for a couple of months. I'm tired of feeling like I'm at DEFCON 1 24/7.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

A few weeks after January 6, the cons I know started a short mantra (almost in unison) of “if this was an insurrection, where were the guns?” It died down, but it made me wonder if during all of the chatter and planning “keep your guns in your motel rooms. If you are caught with a gun, you will face serious charges. Also, it will be bad optics. Plus, we have enough people on the inside that we will overrun without guns.”

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Well, if you take it to its logical conclusion…

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

This is the disconnect. It might be all those things. But it is so much more personal for every single woman in America. I'm not sure men get that. Truly. We are already seeing stories of necessary medicines either being denied or delayed while pharmacists check to make sure it's not for abortion. We're already seeing doctors stepping back from procedures that might be called criminal. It's an everyday worry for every woman who needs medical care. And it is about controlling the uterus because you left out the controlling women.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I'm quoting this post because the post that has been stuck in my head since yesterday is not at my fingertips and I am frankly exhausted from dealing with people at their worst, so I'm not looking for it.

Yesterday someone said a quiet part out loud. They speculated about what they needed to do if this country collapsed. We don't know what's going to happen. What I do know is your family, your friends, and those who share your awareness that things aren't right need you.

That's as nuanced as I can get right now. My point stands.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Been waiting for someone 40 weeks shy of their 21st birthday to use the same logic when I card them.

tea and ease and garrow like this.
  12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I sold a small property because I don't feel like spending money in that state, ever again.

None of this is going to burn out on its own. It will either be destroyed or it will accelerate.

Draft saved Draft deleted