1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Looking debonair as usual
    [​IMG]
    If this person is going to be in our face every day for seven years can somebody run a wagon wheel through his hair from time to time?

dixiehack likes this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it may be that they thought they were outnumbered as far as weapons go.
    A Capitol Police officer said he didn't use his gun at the insurrection because it would have been like 'throwing kerosene' on a fire

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He also didn't want the security system (mags) clogging up people getting into the rally. Crowd size issues again. He did not concern himself with guns at the capitol.
    Agree that he would have liked lots of bodies of his guys.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not sure how many college-age posters we have any more, but here's an opportunity to be a sj.com sock puppet.

garrow likes this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a reliable source for this. Since Tennessee is the original state that offered us "Don't say Gay," I don't completely disbelieve it. However, Patton Oswalt has never let facts get in the way of a good story. One other thing, while there's not exactly a huge Jewish community here, there are more than a few businesses in Downtown Nashville owned or co-owned by Jews. Same goes for members of the local MSM. Keeping an eye on this one. Also wondering what the response will be in Memphis, where Jews have a more robust cultural presence.

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Google Tennessee Jewish adoption and there's all kinds of media sources with this story.

Judges dismiss Jewish couple's suit alleging adoption bias

The court, however, did not rule on the constitutionality. They dismissed it on other grounds. So they punted.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Having been a CASA in Davidson County, the adoption story doesn't surprise me. The "No Jews Allowed" sign borders on urban folklore, but then it might very well be true.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mayor Secretary Senator Pete!

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One consequence of the UMC devolving into a grease fire is that several bishops are having to double up to cover an adjacent conference. And lo and behold, my bishop for North Alabama became the interim for the Holston Conference (East Tennessee primarily) last fall. Guess I get to fire off a letter this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted