1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Being in opposition to the defeated loser is not a niche group.

I don't believe hate-reading exists with him. He is like one of those talking kid toys at this point- touch the paw and he plays the jams.
    He is simply not interesting enough a character (or arch-villain) to read about on a daily basis.
    Do you know how many words have been written about this individual and his needs? Enough is enough.

wicked, OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree it’s enough.

I disagree in the idea that hate-reading doesn’t exist. It does. Like Twitter will always be at DEFCON 1 - without that status, the place loses its power - Trump will be hate-read.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Not a headline from “The Onion.”

9CDBF187-D960-4280-BDBC-DC9C8F5B581C.jpeg

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story...-proud-boys-caring-their-children/7822933001/

“When I think about the Proud Boys, I think of fathers, business owners and veterans. These fathers have spoken at many School Board meetings. They are concerned about the direction that their local schools are heading in, and I commend them for coming to School Board meetings.”

I can think of other reactionary “fathers, business owners and veterans” who cared about the direction schools were heading in. They’re called the Taliban.

garrow and Twirling Time like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Texas is a failed state, power gridwise.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The author, a miserable trunt, is married to a PB.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So yeah, always consider the source.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

First, I am a God-fearing Christ follower. Second, I am the mother of two beautiful children who understand exactly what their mom stands for. Third, I am the wife of a man who defends his family and their freedoms. Lastly, I am a patriot: I will hold the line for freedom and liberty in Florida.

[​IMG]
    “Religion was good at first.
    But then it went too far.”

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

In other news, Righteous Religious Patriot
    gets throat-punched by a heathen from hell ...

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  10. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

This narrative that Garland is “asleep” is ridiculous. You don’t bring an indictment of a major figure, guns blazing - particularly a former president - without meticulous preparation. While legally an indictment requires probable cause, in a practical sense, indicting a president for the first time in history would demand proof beyond a reasonable doubt that can hold up to the most vigorous cross-examination. And for fuck’s sake, you’re not out there giving press conferences with blow-by-blows of the GJ proceedings. We all want to see Fuckface indicted and convicted. What I know I don’t want to see is Fuckface being indicted to satisfy bloodlust and then the case falling apart because it was rushed. THAT would be a goddamn disaster.

11. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I remember seeing her campaign stickers as a first grader when she was running for Ingham County Commission. I’m in my early 50s.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I was trying to find a link to a documentary Katie Tur and someone else did, on the politics of Texas solar. I can not find it.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted