1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

"In pamphlets he brought to the meeting, Underwood asserted that sports, music instruction and other typical school activities were not necessary to participate intelligently in a free government and that using taxes to pay for them “crosses the boundary between public benefit and private charity.”

The pamphlet did not note that its author was a 1979 graduate of the public high school in Chesterton, Indiana, where he starred on the tennis team, ran track, played intramural sports and joined extracurricular activities in math, creative writing, radio and student government. Also: National Honor Society member, National Merit finalist and valedictorian."

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Gas prices down 27 straight days.

Oddly, haven't seen much coverage.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I liked the part later on when they pointed out that he took debate in high school. A little hidden shot at him.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I did not know it was all
    so fundamentally simple.
    Thank you, Herschel Walker!

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Herschel Walker, one night only at Giggles in Wrightsville!

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Explain to me how this person who is "smart as hell" posted incorrectly about ectopic pregnancies and didn't understand the significance of the Pentagon's accounting errors.

[And went to BU]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It truly is amazing how far the academic standards at UGA have risen in the last 40 years. I’m not saying Herschel Walker was a typical Dawg in the classroom back then, but he’s closer than a lot of people like to admit.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Intelligence and being informed about everything you should be informed about are not the same thing. If you think someone who got elected to Congress in her 20s while working as a bartender and knocking off I think it was the third ranking Democrat in the House to do so is not smart, I don't know what to tell you. What have you done?

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

NCAA academic minimums (that IIRC were merely on the horizon in his day) had a lot to do with that.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yeah, but even for Joe Blow from Tifton who never picked up a ball or bat, UGA was just a “fair to middlin” state school. Once the Hope Scholarship went through and there was enough demand to let them start being picky with admissions, it truly blossomed.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted