1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

OscarMadison, garrow and dixiehack like this.
  2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

She's too smart to pull the trigger prematurely, and this would be extremely premature in her career.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Machine Head

seems legit

garrow likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“You’re our friend, but if you don’t pay up, we’ll suspend you.”

With friends like these …

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ah, I see what you're getting at.

Guy in my circle from my hometown, his father'd gone to Georgia and become a wildlife biologist in S.C. He wanted to do the same, so his parents ponied up for the out-of-state tuition so he could follow in dad's footsteps. My best friend from my hometown, he also wanted to be a wildlife biologist, but his parents didn't have it to pony up and that kind of borrowing was just ... I was going to say "unheard of in our circle," but "unthought of" would be more accurate .... So my best friend, he sauntered off to the state school just down the way (I have more than a passing familiarity with it ;)) and took a degree in an "adjacent" major. Both of 'em wound up becoming wildlife biologists ... guess who wound up answering to the other?

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

An element of intelligence is understanding what you don't know so you avoid sounding off and looking like an idiot.

So you are equating political success with intelligence? That's nice.

She beat an incumbent who didn't bother campaigning by appealing to hipster progressives in a district that was changing demographically away from the incumbent's base.

8. Machine Head

Biden's an old guy, I want someone new.

Hold the fucking ground you've won, dipshits. Don't give the fuckers an opening.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It’s not true that you could drive through Athens and get a UGa diploma back then.

You had to stop the car and roll down the window, too.

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If anyone here thinks 2024 is actually about Biden, then please do the rest of us a favor and don't vote.

12. Machine Head

Draft saved Draft deleted