1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I agree, f**k the crybabies. Those who despise 2016-2020 need to take back our country and lay bare the atrocities done to our democracy and let the chips fall however they fall. No more rationalizations.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Again, though, who else is there? Who's out there that could/would be a serious, legitimate candidate -- on either side?

This is the issue that is making 2024 so problematic. Right now, still, there's not even anybody to talk about.

I really want Pete Buttigieg to run.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm ok with old people, hell, I'm an old now. I just think that 80 is past time to go home and pass the torch to the 65 year olds at the very least.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I am in complete agreement with Ms. Farrier on this.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This is correct. I have a life-long friend who owned four mom-and-pop gas stations. (He recently sold them all to get into storage units).
    He always told me his take was 2-3 cents per gallon. I used to fuss at him that I didn't buy his gas because he didn't have pay at the pump. He said he didn't want it. He wanted people coming inside to buy other stuff.
    He said if he could operate a store only selling beer, cigarettes, and Hunt Brothers pizza, he'd be set. He needed the gas to get people to stop to buy those three things.

6. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Gen X is good -- as long as it's blue. DeSantis was born in 1978 and he will mean the death of the republic as we know it if he's in charge.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Age can bring perspective, knowledge that our country has been through tough times before and overcome - but it can also produce a "lack of imagination," and inability to adapt to a changing landscape. I think Pelosi, Biden et. al still pine for the days of collegialtiy, Rs and Ds chilling out and having a laugh after calling each other names for the TV cameras. They're fighting today's wars with yesterday's weapons and last week's mindset.

sgreenwell and OscarMadison like this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

As am I. His did his job and beat Trump. Time to get younger.

OscarMadison, qtlaw and garrow like this.
  9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Sounds like some age discrimination.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Biden couldn’t be more uninspiring if he tried.

Yet in 2020 he was still the bologna sandwich most likely to keep people from voting for the guy who would destroy Democracy, given the chance to make a buck.

I too would prefer someone else in 2024, but I’m for sure voting Biden again pitted against whatever insanity the GOP will certainly nominate.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Why give up a safe gig in the House when she has so many more chances? But you’re right. She’s unpredictable.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Best as I can tell, the only president to ever be elected straight out of a House gig was Garfield in 1880. That didn't end well.

Ford was close but wasn't elected as either president or VP.

Draft saved Draft deleted