1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Based on my knowledge of Michigan politics, this has major "Ohio diner" energy. East Tawas is on Lake Huron in the fourth row of Michigan counties down from the Mackinac Bridge. Also that is probably one of the Trumpiest parts of the state.

I Should Coco, garrow and X-Hack like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ms. Farrier, a Democrat who voted for Mr. Biden in 2020, said she had hoped he might have been able to do more to heal the nation’s divisions, but now, as a single mother, she is preoccupied with what she described as crippling increases in her cost of living. “I went from living a comfortable lifestyle to I can’t afford anything anymore,” she said.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Heritage, not hate.

OscarMadison, Webster and garrow like this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And that’s Biden’s fault? For someone with a college education, she comes off as incredibly stupid.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yep.
    Furthermore, would Trump be any better at “healing divisions” or addressing economics?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Interesting read on Jefferson.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The polling and story isn't really about Trump. It's about wanting a different Democrat.

The NYT polling does indicate Biden has a slight lead over Trump.

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

I'd have been surprised if he was anything else.

garrow likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I find the whole “why isn’t Biden healing divisions” thing quite ironic considering that the people complaining are the ones who have historically benefited from divisions.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We are so used to polling representing a binary choice that it is no longer capable of picking up where significant chunks of people are. I too am dissatisfied with Biden. (Not an unexpected outcome BTW) But I would take up arms before agreeing to vote for the Christofascist coalition the opposition party represents.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If its not Biden, it will be a governor. Newsom, Pritzker or Whitmer.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted