1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The somewhat insane part of that story to me - The judge decided the defendant DIDN'T warrant being held without bail?!? I skew pretty left of center, but I'm pretty OK with denying bail to a 27-year-old illegal immigrant accused of raping a 10-year-old, especially since there is medical evidence in the case. His bail was set at $2M, so I doubt he's going to be able to post it anyway, but still.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This is getting as crazy as the tale of the dying kid and Santa a few years back. So of course Clay Travis is involved.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I honestly forgot about Daniel Dale. He was a constant during TFG’s time in office. Quite refreshing

garrow likes this.
  4. Bu77ers

Bu77ers Member

Of course it was an illegal immigrant. Thank goodness this story was actually true so we could dunk on the Republicans!

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ah, so if he was a legal citizen, raping the kid would be OK?

And maybe we wouldn't need to dunk on Republicans if Republicans didn't pass laws forcing 10-year-old rape victims to give birth to their rapist's baby. But hey, GAWD wanted that girl to get pregnant.

Spartan Squad and Smallpotatoes like this.
  6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It goes against so many far right talking points -- this doesn't happen, so silly including it in abortion arguments, fake news, even their pedophile flex, yet it actually happens and none of them are outraged at first and only are when the fake news element is proven false..

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Please don’t respond to the hit-and-run troll.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hey!

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

I pictured you more of a bunting man myself.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Of course, now they’ll focus on the accused being an undocumented immigrant, so they’re in the clear as far as they’re concerned.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I carry 14 clubs and have bunted with nary a one of 'em.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I love bunting

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted