1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Put together a group of people named Whit, Brady and Dylan and nothing good comes of it.

They definitely have friends named Brendon, Brandon and Brody.

Fred siegle and I Should Coco like this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Isn't Whit Merrifield out due to injury?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Severino's just served up back-to-back-to-back homers to the Reds, and the Yankees look very human tonight.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ten straight for the Mariners, 18-3 in their last 21. And Baltimore is on track to win it's 10th straight too.

MLB is fun when your teams have a pulse.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Staggering that nearly 40% of a team would be refuseniks. Even if that team sucks, the odds that any one group would have that many players putting their own selfish and ignorant politics over their team and perhaps individual careers is astounding to me.
    It's not as if the Kansas City Royals are all Josh Hawley Trumpists from Springfield. They're probably from all over the place just like every other team. And they're not the only team with a losing record.
    What are Merrifield and Benintendi thinking at this point? Don't they want to be traded to a contender? If I'm a contender in either league, I'm not giving up anything for players who may be unavailable in a postseason series. Sure, the Jays are scuffling and they just whacked their manager two days after a coach's child was buried. But they're still dangerous. The odds a team -- particularly in the AL -- would need to play in Toronto are non-zero.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It looks like the Royals are going to have to go beyond their 40-man roster to field a squad in Toronto. Four of the players prominently mentioned as understudies and fill-ins for those exercising their rights to endanger others aren't on the 40.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That’s what happens when a theocrat runs your team.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I was disgusted with the four Phillies, but now this? If that's not a fractured clubhouse, it should be.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Friends with Jimmy, Jeffy, and Joey.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted