1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I want to hear what these assholes would be saying if it was their ten year old daughter or granddaughter.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

I agree that it does not reflect well on the poster. It also does not make him wrong.

I remember how fast the Alabama lege moved to change the law regarding NIL once it came out that it was a recruiting disadvantage to the Almight Tahd.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Hard cases make bad law" has only been said in legal circles for decades.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

That's right up there with "Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to."

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. doctorquant

If he thinks a significant proportion of the University of Alabama student body would actually transfer to a school in another state because of Alabama's abortion laws, he's out of his goddamn mind.

6. Neutral Corner

Overstated perhaps - but there is a legit brain drain among college grads who leave the state as soon as they graduate. It's not a big step to get to leaving before then, especially for female students stuck in an environment hostile to allowing them to make their own health decisions.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I've been fighting a 44-year battle with those two words, and the effects - or the affects ... unsure - have been devastating.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. doctorquant

Twas ever thus, twill ever thus be. Abortion policy had, has and will have vanishingly little to do with it.

9. doctorquant

[​IMG]
    I was there when the effect/affect deep magic was written. That it confused even the brightest mortals was a feature, not a bug.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Tell us! Tell us of the ancient ways, Ol' Ancient One!

doctorquant likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They will care when there's a major backlash against their religious beliefs.

We're already seeing reductions in belief in God and reductions of people who identify as Christians.

12. doctorquant

Awfully nice belief system you have there. Be a shame if something happened to it.
    -- The Good People

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted